Sunday, March 27, 2011

Why Big Hips? Why Open Eyes?

Welcome to the first-ever blog posting from this big-hipped, open-eyed gal.

Thinking of a title for my spot in the blogosphere wasn't easy. This one may sound goofy, but there's a meaning there, I promise. What's the title got to do with me? What's the title got to do with you? Maybe you don't have big hips. Maybe your eyes are closed, perhaps because you are really sleepy right now. But, no matter what the state of your external body parts (or of your brain or other internal ones, for that matter), I wanted a title that would appeal to folks, make them laugh, and describe me in the process.

Big hips? Check. I've got 'em. I will blame them on my genes; however, I should probably blame them more on the dust residing on my gym membership card. They are a part of me, and they symbolize both my history and my love of a good plate of cheese nachos.

Open Eyes? You betcha. You'll come to know me a little more in future blogs, as I hope to come to know you, too, and you'll find this out about me sooner rather than later: I like to laugh, I like to write, and I like to keep my eyes open. The better to tell funny stories with, my dears.

And, it turns out, the better to experience life with. A pretty nifty side-effect.

Stay tuned. I will try to make you laugh. I will try to tell the truth, with minimal embellishments. I will try to learn how to post pictures and change fonts and generally know what I'm doing on the internet (I said I would try). I'll tell goofy stories; I will regale you with anecdotes of how I make a fool of myself regularly; I will share with you the benefits of having open eyes (and maybe the ups and downs having big hips. With or without photos.).

If you like what you read, pretty please share this site.  And share great blogs with me! We are human beings on this planet together for a very short time. Laughing with each other is a groovy gift we can share.

Thanks, friends.

Tracy

7 comments:

  1. Way to go Tracy. Dust off that card and come with us to work off those big hips :) Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We started our blogs on the same weekend! What are the chances?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear your future stories - you always make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the world of blogging!!! I'll warn you - it can get very, very addictive! Can't wait to follow you! (PS - my hips beat yours any day...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm following, but couldn't upload a pic. I love your "gettin it done-ness", and will love to read about your days. Might knock our calls down to once a day...xoxoxoxo K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Tracy -- you are brave and hilarious, a winning combo. Love you lots.
    xoxoxox, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to read all of the things you have to say. You always make me think, laugh, and appreciate having you as a friend! Laura

    ReplyDelete